History has show that many athletes are lost to athletics during the later
years of Little Athletics or early years of Senior Athletics. Research has identified the different environments
that exist in each organisation as the primary reason for drop out.
The purpose of "Youth Athletics" is to help facilitate the
transition of athletics from Little Athletics to Senior Athletics
Knox LAC caters for this transitional year with the 'Youth
The following are the guidelines used by the Knox Youth Athletics which is
based on the AV/VLAA model.
- Participants / athletes must be 15 years of age as of October 1 in the
year of registration.
- Centres participating in this project shall provide their full name, competition
address and name and address of Centre Secretary to Athletics Victoria (AV) through the VLAA Office on the form
- Participating athletes will be issued with Athletics Victoria registration
numbers upon receipt of completed registration form and fee equivalent to current VLAA fee. Registration numbers
must be worn during competition.
- Athletes will be encouraged to compete at Athletics Victoria
a member of the AV club.
- Athletes will be eligible to compete in all Athletics Victoria and Athletics
Australia Championship events after the payment of appropriate entry fees.
- Where possible equipment specifications for
Youth Athletics events (distances,
heights, implements) at Little Athletics Centres should be those specified by Athletics Australia.
- Athletes are covered by Athletics Victoria insurances.
- Normally an athlete can spend a maximum of 1 year in
prior to joining an AV Club as a full